This page offers an overview on the grants we make, for more details or to apply for a grant, please contact our Administrator
Who can apply?
The grants are aimed at helping small churches mainly in rural or deprived urban areas. The following criteria will be applied:
* The church must be in membership of an approved Baptist Association in the UK
* The church should have a regular weekly attendance of no more than 50 adults
* The church should have a maximum annual income on general fund of £50,000. Evidence of reserves will be taken into account in considering applications.
* The church should have a clear ongoing mission strategy and the proposed building work should form an essential component of enabling that mission strategy to become a reality.
What grants will be available?
Grants will be considered in the range £5,000 – £25,000
The church will be expected to fund at least 30% of the proposed project costs.
What sort of work will be funded?
The work could include but is not limited to:
* the alteration of the building to improve access; * alterations to interior to improve use of building and allow new activities;
* adding toilet facilities for the disabled or baby change; * addition of or improvement to kitchen
* environmental projects; * improvements to heating systems;
* improvements to frontage to increase visibility; * improvements to storage facilities eg to store playgroup equipment.
What is the application process?
A church wishing to apply for a grant from Baptist Building CIO must obtain an application form from the Administrator
The Administrator will advise the church of the closing date for the current cycle of grants and applications must be submitted by that date. Any application submitted after that date will be considered in the next cycle subject to available funds. The current date is ??/??/????
Please take care in completing the application because an incomplete application will result in consideration of the application being deferred until this has been satisfactorily addressed.
Baptist Building CIO will contact the appropriate Regional Minister (or equivalent) for a commendation.
A sub-committee of trustees will give consideration to the application and its chairman, Rev Ian Bunce may contact the church for further information. The sub-committee will make recommendations on the grant.
Baptist Building CIO Trustees will consider the application and decide whether a grant should be made and the amount of that grant. That decision will be conveyed to the church as soon as possible after the Trustees meeting. The Trustees’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about that decision.
If an application is successful, Baptist Building CIO reserves the right to include details of the project in its own publicity
including its website and churches will be asked to consent to this as part of the application process.
Charity Number 1185767