• 1 tablespoon of
• 1 small onion finely sliced
• 4 chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
• 300ml/1 1/2 pints of chicken stock.
• 1 tablespoon of clear honey
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tablespoons of cornflour
• 1 tablespoon of water
• Rind of one lemon cut into match sticks
• Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a
large frying pan. Add the onions and fry gently
for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken breasts and fry
until lightly brown all over.
2. Add the parsley,
stock, honey salt and pepper to taste and the
lemon juice. Cover the pan and simmer gently for
3. Using a slotted
spoon, remove the chicken breasts to a warmed
serving dish, and keep warm.
Blend the cornflour and water to a smooth paste,
stir in the hot cooking liquid, and then return to
the pan. Stir over gently heat until thickened.
strips of rind to the sauce and spoon evenly over
Thank you to May from Kettering for providing us
with this recipe.